Quality Performance Systems Pty Ltd ("QPS Benchmarking") is committed to protecting the privacy of the personally identifiable information we collect from you. We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is respected and maintained at all times.
The National Privacy Principles established by the Privacy Act apply to the Quality Performance Systems Pty Ltd ("QPS Benchmarking"). This Privacy/Collection Statement indicates the type of information that may be collected by QPS Benchmarking in the running of our business and how this may be used. It also provides some detail about your privacy rights along with our general rights and obligations in relation to the personal information we keep on record.
What personal information is:
Personal information is any information or an opinion (whether true or not) about you. It may range from the very sensitive (e.g. medical history or condition) to the everyday (e.g. address and phone number). It would include the opinions of others about your work performance (whether true or not), test results and other information obtained by us in connection with your organisations benchmarking results.
Personal information includes sensitive information.
What sensitive information is:
Sensitive information is a special category of personal information. It is information or opinion about your:
- racial or ethnic origin;
- political opinion;
- membership of a political association or religious beliefs, affi liations or philosophical beliefs;
- membership of a professional or trade association or membership of a trade union;
- sexual preferences or practices;
- criminal record;
- health or disability (at any time);
- expressed wishes about the future provision of health services.
It includes personal information collected to provide a health service.
Sensitive information can, in most cases, only be disclosed with the consent of the individual concerned.
It should be noted that the tools and systems used by QPS Benchmarking collect very little personal or sensitive information that can be linked to any individual. Client and employee survey forms are the only data collected that links names to age, sex and or views/opinions about a facility or service. And, the requirement to insert names is optional.
Furthermore, QPS Benchmarking does not disclose identified information of a particular client to any other client without the expressed permission to do so.
Who will be collecting your personal and sensitive information:
Almost all information provided to QPS Benchmarking is collected and collated by client facilities and in most cases de-identified. Personal and sensitive information collected by or forwarded onto QPS Benchmarking is designed to provide you (the client) with benchmarking services for our own use and in connection with your own reports and services provided.
QPS Benchmarking does however collect from time to time some information directly from the customers of QPS Benchmarking clients. This is done by way of survey form and or telephone interview. Such information is collected by the staff of QPS Benchmarking.
How your information will be collected:
Personal and sensitive information will be collected from you directly when you fill out and submit one of our surveys, tests or any other information in connection with your facilities benchmarking services.
Personal and sensitive information will also be collected when:
- we receive any reference about you;
- we receive results of inquiries that we might make of your former employers, work colleagues, professional associations or registration body;
- we receive the results of any competency test;
- we receive performance feedback (whether positive or negative);
- we receive any complaint from or about individuals in a client facility via survey forms;
- we receive any information about a workplace accident in which you are involved;
- we receive any information about any insurance investigation, litigation, registration or professional disciplinary matter, criminal matter, inquest or inquiry about an individual via our surveys and or tools;an individual provides us with additional information about themselves.
Your information will be used:
Your personal and sensitive information may be used in connection with:
- your facilities/companies benchmarking results;
- your facilities/companies survey and test results
- assessments of your ongoing performance and prospects;
- any test or assessment that you might be required to undergo;
- Your identification of your training needs;
- Your personal and sensitive information may be disclosed to:
- to your own organisation via benchmarking reports;
- our contractors and suppliers - e.g. our I.T. contractors and database designers;
- any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information.
You can gain access to your information to correct it if it is wrong:
Subject to some exceptions which are set out in the National Privacy Principles (Principle 6 - Access and Correction), you have a right to see and have a copy of personal and sensitive information about you that we hold.
If you are able to establish that personal or sensitive information that we hold about you is not accurate, complete and up-to-date, we will take reasonable steps to correct it so that it is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
If we are unable to agree that personal or sensitive information that we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date, you may ask us to place with the information a statement by you that claims that particular information is not accurate, complete and up-to-date.